Ratified by the document Executive Yuan No. 1040004694, on February 17, 2015
1. In response to future trends in the national population structure and to consolidate the handling of issues related to the cultivation, supply and demand of talent, these Directions have been specially promulgated by the Executive Yuan for the purpose of organizing, planning, and coordinating population and talent policy as well as to oversee the progressive implementation of related plans by government ministries and agencies.
2. The Board is tasked with the following:
(1) Planning and preparation, integration, coordination, and consultation on all population and talent policies and major measures.
(2) Oversight of all population and talent policy plans and measures.
(3) Coordination and advancement of all other major policies related to population and talent.
3. The Board is established with one convener, the position being filled by the current Vice Premier; one deputy convener, filled by the Minister of the National Development Council; and 24-29 Board Members. Except the convener and deputy convener are ex-officio members, the remaining Board Members, appointed (or engaged) by the Premier of the Executive Yuan are:
(1) One to two Executive Yuan Ministers without Portfolio
(2) Minister, Ministry of the Interior
(3) Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
(4) Minister, Ministry of Finance
(5) Minister, Ministry of Education
(6) Minister, Ministry of Economic Affairs
(7) Minister, Ministry of Transportation and Communication
(8) Minister, Ministry of Health and Welfare
(9) Minister, Ministry of Labor
(10) Minister, Ministry of Science and Technology
(11) Minister, Overseas Community Affairs Council
(12) Minister, Directorate-General of Budget, Accounting and Statistics, Executive Yuan
(13) Minister, Directorate-General of Personnel Administration, Executive Yuan
(14) Nine to thirteen experts, academics, or representatives from non-profit organizations.
The proportion of Board members in subparagraph 14 of the preceding paragraph may not be less than one third for either sex.
The term served by Board Members in subparagraph 14 of the first paragraph is two years, and their appointment may be extended; those serving as agency representatives, however, shall begin and end as they enter and leave their primary positions.
4. The Board will convene meetings as needed, with the convener convening meetings and acting as chair. When the convener is for some reason unable to attend a meeting, the deputy convener will serve as his or her proxy; when both are unable to attend , the convener will designate a Board member as his or her proxy.
Board members shall personally attend meetings. Nevertheless, when members concurrently serving as the heads of government bodies are unable to be present, they may appoint a representative to attend in their place.
When a Board meeting is held, heads of relevant government bodies (or agencies), experts, and academics may be invited to attend as necessary.
5. The National Development Council is responsible for the routine staff operations of the Board. To carry out these operations, a working group under the Board has been established. Unscheduled working group meetings will be held as needed. The working group is installed an executive secretary who holds a concurrent position as Minister of the National Development Council; the staff required will be assigned by the National Development Council.
6. The convener of the Board may direct the creation of other task forces as needed to coordinate and advance specific projects, the executive directors of which shall be appointed by the convener of the Board.
7. The members of this board and related staff are all positions without remuneration
8. The funds required for the work of the Board will be budgeted and provided by the National Development Council in accordance with budgeting procedures.